Q1 – 2023
Session 1 – “Making Meaningful Spaces” with Andrea Resmini
15 Feb 2023, 1-2:30pm, Sweden time (Hong Kong time – 8pm) (time converter)
Culture is the interactions and relationships between people in spaces (both physical and digital) and space is the root element of human behaviour.
But how do we know if we have included the critical elements in the making of meaningful spaces using explicit (soft skills) we call practices, to have the desired behavioral outcomes that encourage people to make meaningful work?
This session will outline critical elements to make meaningful spaces including building trust, creating belonging, promoting the importance of active listening with storytelling, deeper reflection and practice, building awareness between people/time/place, seeing and connecting the dots that influence narratives, growing perspectives and other relevant spatial elements required to build character, grow leadership and encourage healthy cultures.
We invite you to join us in this “Make Meaningful Work Studio” so we can record, reflect on and action the practices and behavioral outcomes influencing Meaningful Spaces.
Goals & Benefits
This session will help you to identify:
- Critical elements required in making meaningful spaces
- Practices to insert meaning and influence in both digital and physical spaces
- How to create your own “Make Meaningful Work Studio” space encouraging sustainable learning and development
- Behavioural outcomes to facilitate and sustain healthy digital and physical 21st century work culture, leadership and culture.
This session will outline the following practices to:
- Enable Active Listening by listening to people’s stories and to spot the practices that support meaningful spaces
- Build Awareness with individuals, teams and organisations to influence leadership practices that influence cultures at work.
Andrea Resmini is associate professor of Experience Design and Information Architecture at the Department of Intelligent Systems and Digital Design at Halmstad University, Sweden, where he researches and teaches courses on IA and UX for blended experiences, digital / physical ecosystems, XR, and AI. An architect turned information architect, Andrea is a two–time past president of the Information Architecture Institute, a founding member of Architecta, the Italian Society for Information Architecture, the Editor–in–chief of the Journal of Information Architecture, and the author of “Pervasive Information Architecture” (2011), “Reframing Information Architecture” (2014), and “Advances in Information Architecture” (2021).
Session 2 – “UX Strategy” with Susan J. Wolfe
23 Mar 2023, 6-7:30pm Sydney, Australia time (Hong Kong time – 3pm) (time converter)
UX strategy is a blend of business strategy and UX design that fosters creating, developing, and deploying the right products and services to satisfy ‘users’ and the business alike.
It’s one thing to develop a strategy for doing ‘good’ UX, but it’s another thing to make it work.
Despite the best intentions, people are not going to buy into what’s proposed in the strategy unless it suits their needs and it’s convenient for them to do so. As we’ve seen time and time again, a UX strategy is only as good as its ability to be executed.
We invite you to join us in this “Make Meaningful Work Studio” so we can record, reflect on and action the practices and behavioral outcomes influencing UX Strategy.
Goals & Benefits
This session will help you think through the development of a strategy that works, given there are people who:
- Have other perspectives about how to approach the solution
- Are going to be impacted by what you propose
- Aren’t going to understand what you propose (and even if they understand, they’re not going to care)
- Have different deadlines, KPIs and priorities than you.
Ultimately, this session is about:
- Understanding the importance that holistic thinking plays in crafting and iterating on UX strategies
- Considering and crafting values that are meaningful to me, us and we
This session will reinforce practices to:
- Actively listen to better understand stakeholders’ challenges
- Clearly communicate value in terms that resonate with various stakeholders
- Seek alignment on ways to achieve the intended goals of the strategy
Susan J. Wolfe
Susan has been involved in the UX field for close to 40 years, dividing her time between San Francisco and Sydney. In that time, she has practiced UX design, run consultancies, mentored project teams, and introduced UX design practices and cultures into organisations around the globe. Susan also shares her expertise as a teacher and mentor, directly driving the career transitions into UX for well over 500 professionals to date.
Q2 -2023 (coming soon)
Q3 – 2023 (coming soon)
Session 5 – Social and Emotional Learning 12 Jul 2023 x (San Diego, USA, 5-7pm) (time converter)
Session 6 – Building Trusting Cultures 23 Aug 2023 x (Los Angeles, USA, 5-7pm) (time converter)